Tim Graham <timogra...@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to remove it though (or make it point people to 'django-admin
> --help') as it's out-of-date and 'django-admin --help' provides the
> same information in a much easier to maintain format. Does anyone else
> have input on this?

Man pages are a standard interface on Unix, and it's very helpful to
keep the man page up to date for any command available at the command
line.

Certainly when I'm in my IDE it's much better to be able to query the
manpage database for a command, than to figure out whatever
idiosyncratic help system it prefers me to use.

--
 \        “Most people, I think, don't even know what a rootkit is, so |
  `\     why should they care about it?” —Thomas Hesse, Sony BMG, 2006 |

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/85lhn0xfkl.fsf%40benfinney.id.au.