Another argument for removing it (or trimming it down to minimum) is that it's actually extensible (https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/howto/custom-management-commands/ ), and some packages (at least in the past) have actually changed the behaviour of built in commands (e.g. http://south.readthedocs.org/en/latest/commands.html#syncdb ).

So, the man page is doomed to be both incomplete and possibly incorrect. Surely it makes more sense for a man page to just point to the "--help" tag and official docs online?

Luke