Il 05/03/2015 00:37, Curtis Maloney ha scritto:
Looks pretty slick, but brings with it all the hassles of the past attempts to
re-skin admin: it breaks legacy custom pages.

AFAIK the admin never promised an "API" (if we can call html that), at the time 1.4 broke most of my custom admin templates.

I wish we could standardise a theming layer for admin... allow legacy templates,
or switching to new, clean, themable templates...

Elky demonstrated by changing only css that the current theme is themeable :)
Speaking of themes from my experience as django-admin-boostrapped maintainer once you choose an ui framework you end up adding custom classes that of course are different between frameworks. This means you have to redo all your templates anyway. Which sucks of course.

Perhaps this could be integrated with the work to break down admin into a
collection of CBGV?

That sounds like pydanny's django-admin2

--
Riccardo Magliocchetti
@rmistaken

http://menodizero.it