On Friday, May 8, 2015 at 12:12:37 PM UTC-4, Carl Meyer wrote:

> And there is a significant added maintenance cost to my proposal
> compared to yours. Dropping deprecated APIs in the release after an LTS
> means we still have to support those APIs for three more years (possibly
> for four or five years after they were first deprecated). Dropping them
> _in_ the LTS release shortens that window drastically.

If we release every 8 months, that means we normally support deprecated
features for 2 years. If we maintained LTS compatibility, then, yes, that
would mean "supporting" the APIs for more than 5 years after deprecation.
But to be clear, most of that time it's only security support for those
APIs, and the APIs are long gone from master. Right?

Thanks,
Collin

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/d3fabc7e-6811-4a85-96c4-fdc651e366cf%40googlegroups.com.