This takes the conversation back a ways...

But I like the idea of being able to customise the admin scheme. Enforce a
default of course, but maybe have some options (in admin.py? or as a
separate script?) which can change the core colors of the scheme, either a
set of predefined colours, or something completely customisable by the
user.

I don't think it's a huge amount of work (it's finding and replacing hex
values in the css files). But I reckon it could add a lot of value for
people who want the admin page to match the scheme of their website.

Obviously not a good idea to shove it in before the 1.9 release, but if the
idea is liked I might (or any one else who is interested) be able to look
into it.

/Nick.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/8499ebc7-c562-4e86-bb89-46a15ac7c906%40googlegroups.com.