The major features are officially deferred. Let's try for the feature
freeze by end of day on Monday and the alpha release on Tuesday.

There aren't any critical blockers at this time. Jani hasn't completed the
Oracle GIS work, but this isn't a must-have for alpha.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/261819cf-fb09-4e6b-b162-d2cdc76f3807%40googlegroups.com.