As Yo-Yo mentioned, there are valid use cases for blank=True, null=False,
and I believe having one field option implicitly change another actually
adds complexity instead of simplifying things.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/e6d1503d-1707-4715-8e15-c8cc268d372c%40googlegroups.com.