Hi,

(edited a little)

On Tuesday 22 September 2015 03:07:37 Tim Graham wrote:
> On Monday, September 21, 2015 at 6:52:08 PM UTC-4, Paulo Maciel wrote:
> > Why confused? It's optional, if the developer wanna put null=True, he
> > could.
> > I don't think need to be putting null = True, this is redundant. If this
> > is a standard behavior, you need not be explicit.
>
> As Yo-Yo mentioned, there are valid use cases for blank=True, null=False,
> and I believe having one field option implicitly change another actually
> adds complexity instead of simplifying things.

Even if we did accept some sort of implication there, it would be the other
way around. "null=True" is a feature of the model field itself, while
"blank=True" only sets the default behavior of form fields generated for it. It
would make some sense for null=True to imply blank=True, but not as you
suggest.

Shai.