Well, switch the field name aliasing to a dictionary without hijacking
**kwargs ?

I prefer the following:

Articles.objects.get(id=1).values(’title’, ’author’, ‘body',
alias={"title": "my_custom_title"}, nested=True)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/22edbb32-ff5c-4b1c-be9b-516d74014d4b%40googlegroups.com.