Hi guys !

Are you definitely ok with the "CREATE EXTENSION postgis" command which is
now automatically run during the migrate
<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/ref/django-admin/#django-admin-migrate>
process ?

I mean, if i work with a postgresql whose version is lower than 9.1, the
automatic run of "CREATE EXTENSION postgis" crashes everything !
Indeed there is no extension concept for versions lower than 9.1.

Hence we should be given the possibility of turning OFF the
migrate-automatic run of this command, at least for a while.

For example in settings.py

    POSTGRESQL_EXTS_AUTO_CREATION = True        # Would be False in my case
!!!

I have to go back to django.VERSION <1.8 (since this automatic run is a
change of 1.8 :
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/ref/contrib/gis/install/postgis/)

Is there something i dont see ??

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/04b28505-2798-4152-a505-97ba5024f5fc%40googlegroups.com.