Funkybob (Curtis Maloney) implemented a multiline template tag patch nearly
two years ago. He asked for feedback a number of times and received none. I
think there's enough support here that if someone were to implement a
patch, it'd probably be accepted. Adding the same argument as to why
multiline tags would be useful isn't helpful anymore. The arguments have
been made.

Adrian requested the pros/cons be written up as a DEP. Curtis began one but
it seems to have disappeared, I assume because there was lack of review or
interest. If you feel strongly enough for this change please feel free to
write up a DEP or even a patch that implements multiline tags, paying
particular attention to ensure performance isn't hindered (as discussed
above).

Core devs have only so much time to work on features. If a feature isn't
more important to them than something else, chances are it won't get
implemented by them. Everyone is free to (and encouraged to!) implement
features themselves. A core dev will review it. Non core developers are
also free to (and encouraged to) review it.

I know it sounds like I'm putting forth the "PRs accepted" brush off line,
but there's elements of truth in that statement. Curtis wrote a patch and
no one tested it. How important is this feature again?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/e40ff1fe-3cca-468a-9837-c5b7b53c0c5e%40googlegroups.com.