I had assumed this was still a work in progress because there are missing
tests and some documentation. The build is passing but the unittest
coverage for the new modules seems low or at least not up to the standards
I expect for Django contributions. The same for the daphne and asgiref
packages which are new requirements. In previous discussions there were
talks about performance benchmarks to track potential regressions before
this would be accepted similar to the template-based widget rendering
change. I don't see any references here or in this work. What is the status
of those?

Best,

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/0e287bef-c8a7-4a12-a5bc-fed3f05d57c1%40googlegroups.com.