Il 27/06/2016 11:49, Reinout van Rees ha scritto:
Op 26-06-16 om 05:31 schreef Kevin Christopher Henry:
If anyone's put off by the hectoring tone of the imperative mood, it
might be better to think of it as the indicative mood. That is:

(This will) "add password validation to prevent the usage of...".

rather than

(You must) "add password validation to prevent the usage of..."!

"It might be better to think of it as...": it is exactly this extra thinkwork
that everyone reading the messages has to do. We write it once and read it many
times: what should we optimize for?
In our source code, the answer is clearly that you should optimize for
readability.
Why is it suddenly different for commit messages?

I think you are overthinking here :) just look at django commit history vs the git or the linux one. Which commit message would you like to when chasing a bug?

They have a far better culture at that to what in my experience have found in the python ecosystem. So let's just copy that :)

--
Riccardo Magliocchetti
@rmistaken

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/828d95a7-8a3d-df99-33c0-b27ef8d0add9%40gmail.com.