How do you envision it interacting with ticket #14336 (annotations in
list_display)? Would we also need list_annotate? I'm a little sad every
time we add another customization point to the admin as I fear no end to
the complexity, but maybe I should just get over it.

https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/14336

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/9d6f1cab-b513-4c0b-95bc-c53c6b0dff0b%40googlegroups.com.