According to the docs for settings.TIMEZONE: "Django cannot reliably use
alternate time zones in a Windows environment. If you’re running Django on
Windows, TIME_ZONE <>
must be set to match the system time zone."

If we keep supporting settings.TIME_ZONE=None I think that means this
branch stays:

which means we have to keep LocalTimezone:

or is there some other approach we could take?

Is anyone reading this using settings.TIME_ZONE=None?

On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 6:00:51 PM UTC-4, Florian Apolloner wrote:
> On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 9:50:51 PM UTC+2, Aymeric Augustin wrote:
>> I think it’s best to state the expected value explicitly.
> In theory yes, in pratice I think that is at least annoying on Windows
> which only allows for the System-TZ I think?
> Cheers,
> Florian

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at