I've had the privilege of introducing Django to many people over the past
several years. A recurring theme I have noticed is that once a new Django
developer reaches the "It Worked!" page, the inevitable next question is,
"now what?"

It struck me that this page is valuable real estate for the newcomer. Since
my eye for design is practically non-existent, I worked with a talented
colleague and we came up with an idea to replace the "It Worked!" page.
Here is a link:

https://chadwhitman.github.io/congrats/django/

Some of the goals we wanted to achieve:

   - Provide a friendly design using the same themes as the Django Project
   website.
   - Ensure the developer is using the current version of Django. Many
   tutorials found through Google are for older versions of Django.
   - Provide links to the current versions of the documentation,
   introductory polling tutorial, and community.
   - Include the release notes for the current version of Django.
   - Focus on the new Django developer, as many seasoned Django developers
   will using other methods for starting projects.

While it is doubtful that many would see this screen on a small device, it
is fully responsive as well. It is self-contained, with minified CSS and
SVG icons, and a total size of 20k, so it shouldn't provide much bloat at
all.

We're looking for feedback, and if the community thinks it is an
improvement, we'll be happy to work on a pull request. A big hat tip to my
colleague Chad Whitman for his design talents.

Regards,

Tim

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CACrTqc1%3Du9oG9At%3DY-SxavYtvwTb6qN5dSAUDJL0AkxJrKvQQQ%40mail.gmail.com.