I'd be up for helping with a database-agnostic one. One thing to note about
MySQL world is that MariaDB diverges more from MySQL here and I haven't
found the time to fix the differences here in Django-MySQL's JSONField. I'd
get on with it if I knew someone needed the work for a DB-agnostic field
though ;)

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 at 12:31, Carlton Gibson <carlton.gib...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry, what I meant was a Django field. (I wasn't clear enough.)
>
> Charles Leifer has good posts covering SQLite+JSON
> http://charlesleifer.com/
> His Peewee ORM has a JSONField
> http://docs.peewee-orm.com/en/latest/peewee/sqlite_ext.html#sqlite-ext
>
> I was just wondering if someone knew if someone had already wrapped up a
> Django equivalent?
>
> (If so we'd have reference implementations for all the supported DBs...)
>
> On Thursday, 4 October 2018 13:12:42 UTC+2, Jon Dufresne wrote:
>>
>> > Anyone know of an SQLite implementation?
>>
>> A quick search shows the JSON1 extensions exists:
>> https://www.sqlite.org/json1.html
>>
>> According to the release history (https://sqlite.org/changes.html) this
>> was added in version 3.9.0 (2015-10-14).
>>
>> But I have no direct experience working with it.
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 12:19 AM Carlton Gibson <carlton...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This has come up again, with an example implementation for Oracle:
>>>
>>> https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/29821
>>>
>>> Anyone know of an SQLite implementation?
>>>

>>> --
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/215a0e1c-6947-4375-ba1d-38d310c32411%40googlegroups.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/215a0e1c-6947-4375-ba1d-38d310c32411%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .