Dan we don't need a user-operated flag, instead we would introspect the
database version in use and have a database backend feature. For example
here's where the MySQL backend determines if the "over" clause is supported
for window functions:
https://github.com/django/django/blob/master/django/db/backends/mysql/features.py#L86

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 at 19:45, Dan Davis <dansm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm for this.   My only advice is that only some versions of Oracle have a
> native JSON type. The oracle backend should probably use some query to
> determine whether the Oracle instance supports JSON field, or there could
> be a flag in OPTIONS about tihs.
>
> On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 7:44:40 AM UTC-5, nikesh...@nituk.ac.in
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello ,
>> I would like to work on this. I recently started working on django. I
>> want to participate in GSoC so this might work for me.
>> Would you mind helping me.
>>

>>> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/c308887d-bd65-4883-b7f1-65d6a36491d5%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/c308887d-bd65-4883-b7f1-65d6a36491d5%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>