Hi Abhith.

Have a look at the Triage Workflow
docs:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/triaging-tickets/#triage-stages

For each stage of the ticket's lifecycle they give you what's next. (e.g.
if it's "New", can you reproduce the issue so it can move to "Accepted", if
"Accepted", does it have a patch, and can you add one. And so on.)

If seems complicated but mostly it's just "Is this a real issue?" and "Can
I fix it?"

Assuming it can be reproduced, creating a Unit Test is the next best
step:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/writing-code/unit-tests/#unit-tests
Often, once there's a failing test, the fix won't be far away.

Make sure you read the Advice for New
Contributors:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/new-contributors/

And if you get stuck, email
django-core-mentorship:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/django-core-mentorship
— that's the place for help with contributing.
Make sure you include as much details as you can (e.g. ticket number, where
you've got to and any errors you're seeing etc) — the more detail you can
provide the easier it is to help you.

I hope that gets you started, and welcome aboard!

Kind Regards,

Carlton

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/4df73f5d-2b27-4a58-8c8b-d9947cdf326a%40googlegroups.com.