Howdy folks!

At the suggestion of Simon Charette, I'd like to get feedback on how the
community feels about the feature request #30053
<https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/30053>.
The gist of the problem is that sometimes the "update" part of
"update_or_create" should be conditional. The proposed solution adds a
backwards-compatible "update_condition" parameter to "update_or_create"
which should be a unary callable that takes in the retrieved table instance
and returns a boolean of whether the update should be performed.

Nasir Hussain has already started work on a possible solution on PR 10800
<https://github.com/django/django/pull/10800>.

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/db8a538e-3219-41f1-9351-aba361bd89b8%40googlegroups.com.