I am using ``APPEND_SLASH = True`` (the default) and usually use a
trailing slash in all of my URL patterns.

This works great for the most part, but some API clients send
POST-requests without the slash and then change the request method to
GET on the subsequent request. In particular, a popular API testing tool
(https://www.getpostman.com/) seems to be affected by this.

I can subclass ``CommonMiddleware`` and set ``response_redirect_class``,
no problem. However, maybe Django should just send HTTP 308 by default?
Is there any reason not to?

--
René Fleschenberg

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/1aa24da3-cd05-317a-b8c1-2a76d707b935%40fleschenberg.net.