On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 3:35:40 PM UTC+3, mihir karbelkar wrote:

> Hi,
> I have made several projects with Django but every time I create a new
> project I have to initialize the repo for git. It would be better if the
> project initialized itself. Maybe we can add this feature in to help make
> development "even faster to meet goals in record time".
> I would love to work on this but it will only be my first contribution
> so If we agree on this I can open probably open an issue and work on it.
> Also I would like to work for django in GSOC 2019 so any help would be
> appreciated.
> Thanks.

Git is not the only choice. There is Mercurial version control system,
which is written in Python and thus I prefer it for private non-git
repositories of code. You can even "import mercurial" from Django code to
get the current revision, for example. Favoring git only which is
non-Python solution would be to opinionated.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/2bc5dac0-ac96-4ea1-9a45-9a829a34619c%40googlegroups.com.