Hi Augustin, my name Is Giuseppe, i before u :)

At this point I think we can agree on why we disagree :-)

Great!

> First, I believe that the function responsible for converting datetimes
> stored in ISO 8601 format in SQLite databases should parse ISO 8601 and not
> do anything else. I'm -1 on changing it to accept localized datetimes. (A
> third-party package could provide a model field supporting this.)

+1 when you know the format All this code Is useless.

 Should parse_date be renamed to parse_date_iso8601?

Second, I'm skeptical of functions accepting a variety of more or less well
> specified inputs. I don't think such APIs are conducive to good coding
> practices. Either you're getting data from an automated system, in which
> case the format is known. Or you're getting data from humans, in which case
> Django provides one solution: forms.

I was wondering to a utility used to parse the dt format configured in
setting.py. It's not mandatory to use this utility.

> I don't think I need to explain my opinion after showing this example :-)

I Hope that this idea Will not Be murdered by those example :)

So are 2019-02-04 and 04/02/19. (Or is it 02/04/19?)

It Will depend by settings.py, that's the goal

> Anyway, if you think this is generally useful, you can easily package it
> into a third-party module.

Consider It done, I thougth on a wider featureset in Django.utils.dateparse

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CABms%2BYpPo_mcBKokFV9Q4%2BGnvHZPJktG%3DykM%3D0-7F7xQv3KgOA%40mail.gmail.com.