Hi all.

https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/30314

>  Per the documentation, "Leaving this setting off isn’t a good idea
because an attacker could capture an unencrypted session cookie with a
packet sniffer and use the cookie to hijack the user’s session."

> If it's not a good idea for this setting to be off, why is it off by
default? Seems backwards to me.

This looks right to me. A small breaking change for 3.0 would seem
reasonable. So I'm going to Accept this.

BUT this has been this way forever
<https://github.com/django/django/commit/45be33a6327bccae60319982254ee62f65bea11e>
 so
I just wanted to check if there were any overriding *Whys*?

Thanks.
Carlton

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/e67ee6a2-751e-4b24-9d72-6c746a8c0178%40googlegroups.com.