As the documentation points out, ModelForm avoids implicitly adding fields
to a form when you haven't told it to, and does so for security reasons.
Mass-assignment bugs have caused significant security issues in the past
for other systems which *did* implicitly support/add fields, and I'd like
to keep Django from doing that.

So if the proposal is just that any field with required=True is implicitly
included, I'd be against it. Similarly, I think it would complicate the API
too much to add support for some kind of "__all_required__" special
declaration.

I would suggest there's value in figuring out a way to either have
ModelForm raise some type of ignorable warning, or maybe having the
system-check framework warn you, if you do have a ModelForm that doesn't
include a required field, though.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAL13Cg-EJYA7NAzPb%2BpQOR_Ywuzo5A_%3DBGJBS5CYd-J0SoKhSQ%40mail.gmail.com.