On 19-04-16 17:34:11, Will Gordon wrote:
>In the same way that editable fields are forced to not be included in a
>ModelForm (
>https://github.com/django/django/blob/master/django/forms/models.py#L146),
>I would like to propose that "required" fields (`blank=False`) be forced to
>be included in a ModelForm.

Is there anything missing in Django that would prevent you from doing
this in a subclass of ModelForm? My projects tend to go with one or two
common base classes in between actual forms/views and Django's
forms/views, and I'd argue that this is not too much trouble for a
feature like this.

I'm also against adding a warning for this by default – I'd like to keep
warnings reserved for issues with more of an impact. I think for every
one of my larger projects, I'd have to silence this warning, which is
annoying (and keeping it there introduces warning fatigue, which Django
so far does a good job of avoiding).

Tobias

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/20190417080037.uu2ybg3etwespmen%40cordelia.localdomain.