Celery explicitly document their integration with Redis though. I don't
think we want to take over documenting the setup of a 3rd party package in
Django.

On Thursday, 20 June 2019 11:00:27 UTC+10, Ivan Anishchuk wrote:

> How about making one of the third-party packages an optional dependency?
> Celery, for example, does that: you can just install celery[redis] without
> having to figure out what other packages you need to enable redis support.
>
> Ivan.
>
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 6:44 AM Josh Smeaton <josh....@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> There are already several 3rd party packages that implement redis as a
>> django cache backend, for example https://github.com/niwinz/django-redis
>>
>> We already have a base class for cache backends - and several
>> implementing it (such as memcache). I don't think there's much benefit
>> taking on another backend when it's already got very good support as an
>> external package.
>>

>> On Tuesday, 18 June 2019 01:14:25 UTC+10, Dulmandakh Sukhbaatar wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like to work on Redis support in core, and I would like to
>>> discuss proper solution for that.
>>>
>>> Redis is getting so popular and almost every modern backend stack uses
>>> it someway, therefore I think that supporting it as a cache backend in core
>>> would make Django more appealing. A solution I'm proposing is to extract
>>> base KV backend from current Memcached and extend it for both Memcached and
>>> Redis, and this won't add many new code to the core. Also we'll have base
>>> class for KV storage backends.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>> --
>> <javascript:>.
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-developers.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/bdb84d20-0489-4ecd-b198-fa5878f5c617%40googlegroups.com
>>
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/bdb84d20-0489-4ecd-b198-fa5878f5c617%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/335b087c-801a-452b-a5b3-a9711e4a00b8%40googlegroups.com.
  • R... Dulmandakh Sukhbaatar
    • ... Josh Smeaton
      • ... 'Ivan Anishchuk' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
        • ... Josh Smeaton
          • ... 'Ivan Anishchuk' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
            • ... Markus Holtermann
              • ... Josh Smeaton
                • ... 'Ivan Anishchuk' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
    • ... Aymeric Augustin
      • ... Loïc Bistuer
      • ... Carlton Gibson
        • ... Jacob Rief