Hi,

After reading the ticket, I agree this could be deprecated as a backwards
incompatibility. The deprecation plan suggested by loic84 looks like it
could work but would be a bit unwieldy on large projects. Maybe there's
another path?

One thing that's not explicitly in the discussion: the view kwargs are
always accessible inside templates because ContextMixin.get_context_data
passes 'view', and view.kwargs is always set by View.setup().

Thanks,

Adam

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 01:56, step21 <ste...@devtal.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When developing I noticed an inconsistency - when using TemplateView,
> kwargs are passed to context, but not when using FormView or others.
>
> Source comparison:
>
> https://dpaste.de/Jwdn
>
> Relevant super old issue talking about depreciation here:
> https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/19878
>
> I discussed this briefly on IRC and was told to post here, as it is an
> inconsistency and maybe should be fixed but maybe wasn’t for a reason.
> Seeing as there was already talk of depreciating it several years ago and
> no clear opposition, maybe I could prepare a patch for it?
> Any thoughts?

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/5072B2EE-D2B4-448C-936D-C5FDB5CD7132%40devtal.de

Adam