It's just scope:

   * Not clear we need to _replace_ the space for books, and blog posts,
and so on, in the main docs.

and bandwidth:

   * These things are difficult to get right, and it needs someone to do
them. (PRs always warmly received!)

On balance, I have to say, I think the default project template does very
well.
Taking a beginner, say, and adding, "As well as the million things you're
already dealing with, there are these things called environment variable
and..." is a step I'd be very cautious about taking.

Yes, granted, for professional deployment, you might want different — but
we have to serve everyone.