Hi Folks,

I've just encountered this issue, and it seems Django's URLValidator regex
for host is trying to abide to RFC 1034 recommendation
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1034#section-3.5> , when there are many
sites in the wild that use underscore in their domain name.

Can we please discuss this issue here, so we can eventually decide to
reopen the ticket (or not) and perhaps allow for a pull-request to fix it?

I found this stackoverflow question helpful, with many answers/comments
with additional references:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2180465/can-domain-name-subdomains-have-an-underscore-in-it

Best regards,
Pavel

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/6982245f-2b5a-4a32-8fe5-a063c7459b7c%40googlegroups.com.
  • ... Pavel Savchenko
    • ... Adam Johnson
      • ... Pavel Savchenko
        • ... Adam Johnson
          • ... Florian Apolloner
            • ... Carlton Gibson
              • ... James Bennett
                • ... Adam Johnson
                • ... Pavel Savchenko
    • ... '1337 Shadow Hacker' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)