> By all means add a lenient=False flag which can be turned to True to
enable lenient parsing...

I don't think we should even allow this. The extra API surface area
complicates the matter for all users, almost all of whom are never going to
set the new flag to anything but the default. (Of those that do, how many
wouldn't really have thought it through/mean it?)

Folks wanting this can subclass URLValidator.

C.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/7bc7bd6c-021b-45c2-bc0b-2fad3b2356b6%40googlegroups.com.
  • ... Pavel Savchenko
    • ... Adam Johnson
      • ... Pavel Savchenko
        • ... Adam Johnson
          • ... Florian Apolloner
            • ... Carlton Gibson
              • ... James Bennett
                • ... Adam Johnson
                • ... Pavel Savchenko
    • ... '1337 Shadow Hacker' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)