Thank you for diving into how unittest discovery tests!

On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 12:14:05 PM UTC+1 chris.j...@gmail.com wrote:

> But, regardless of the default, to get the full benefit I think you'd want
> at least one of the test runs in CI to be a random one.

This is were I somewhat disagree. We have to run it as often with as many
different seeds as possible to have an effect. The space of tests is so big
that I am not sure we'd find something otherwise (though I have to agree
that is theoretical thinking I did not try in practice).

Cheers,
Florian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/4034f3db-e6ee-4d78-b140-553c73c1a170n%40googlegroups.com.
  • req... Chris Jerdonek
    • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
      • ... Mariusz Felisiak
        • ... Fran Hrženjak
          • ... Mariusz Felisiak
            • ... chris.j...@gmail.com
              • ... Florian Apolloner
                • ... Florian Apolloner
                • ... Chris Jerdonek
                • ... Florian Apolloner
                • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)