We should at least update those Trac and Triage Workflow docs to point to both,
maybe with the Forum first?

Andrew

On Thu, Jan 19, 2023, at 12:30 AM, Carlton Gibson wrote:
> I'm trying to begin new conversations there where I can.
>
> The main issue is that we're still pointing people here from Trac and the
> Triage Workflow docs — so if there's a rough "Yeah, let's do it" we can
> adjust practice there.
>
> I expect there will always be the "How do I start?" posts. The Forum at least
> has a pinned post for that. ...
>
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 at 01:04, 'Kye Russell' via Django developers
> (Contributions to Django itself) <django-developers@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I find that the signal-to-noise ratio on this mailing list is (by my
>> determination) quite bad around this time of year.
>>
>> Is a move to the forum still on the cards?
>>
>> Kye
>> On 6 Dec 2022 at 7:16 AM +0800, Andrew Godwin <and...@aeracode.org>, wrote:
>>
>>> I did some investigation of moving django-users and django-developers to
>>> the Forum right after DjangoCon; I wanted to see if we could import all the
>>> old posts too, which we probably could, but I'm not entirely sure of the
>>> utility of that.
>>>
>>> I will say that the forum is a lot easier to moderate - the ability to
>>> moderate after a post has gone out, rather than gating all posts behind
>>> approval if they're untrusted, is a big step in itself, not to mention the
>>> ability to remove sensitive or offensive content once it's posted.
>>>
>>> Andrew

*Chief Executive Officer

>>> --
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/60a05b93-e297-48ee-9bb1-4dcf54d76c64n%40googlegroups.com
>>>
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/60a05b93-e297-48ee-9bb1-4dcf54d76c64n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>>

>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/dfe142b6-c535-458e-8eeb-b65c0fad951c%40Spark
>>
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/dfe142b6-c535-458e-8eeb-b65c0fad951c%40Spark?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAJwKpySNRUkhxN1N80LxQaf49HJacLUf6EO16akeH2bNQr6q6g%40mail.gmail.com
>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAJwKpySNRUkhxN1N80LxQaf49HJacLUf6EO16akeH2bNQr6q6g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/57abfafd-2cc8-4453-bb67-8673bb882ee6%40app.fastmail.com.
  • C... Carlton Gibson
    • ... Roger Gammans
      • ... Carlton Gibson
        • ... Carsten Fuchs
        • ... 'Tobias McNulty' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
          • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
          • ... 'Kye Russell' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
            • ... Andrew Godwin
              • ... 'Kye Russell' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
                • ... Carlton Gibson
                • ... Andrew Godwin
                • ... Carlton Gibson
                • ... 'Alex Krupp' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
                • ... natali...@gmail.com
                • ... jure.erznoznik
                • ... Arthur Rio
                • ... Curtis Maloney