I've been working on setting up a new project that's never going to see the
light of production, so I went down the road of just disabling CSRF for
that purpose. I notably found that the Django admin still requires CSRF,
even when the middleware has been removed from the MIDDLEWARE setting. I
found this because the development environment I was working in,
Codespaces, forwards and redirects to a browser via a public address rather
than localhost, and that difference means that CSRF checks were enforced in
that environment, though I had no trouble with localhost. There's likely
some details I'm missing in laying out this scenario, but it felt
interesting enough to mention in the context of this conversation.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/72019908-a072-45fc-bd55-3dbf675711cdn%40googlegroups.com.
  • Re:... Curtis Maloney
    • ... Jacob Rief
      • ... Jure Erznožnik
        • ... Stratos Moros
          • ... Jacob Rief
            • ... Stratos Moros
              • ... jure.erznoznik
              • ... Florian Apolloner
              • ... Jure Erznožnik
              • ... Florian Apolloner
              • ... 'Ryan Hiebert' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
              • ... Deepak Sain
          • ... 'Ryan Hiebert' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)