Thanks for all the posts - the more I look the more overwhelming web
development is getting. Seems every sentence I read requires starting
another search to found out WTF this term or that term means.... grrrrrr....

Just one question - why would django avoid an offline mode - is that a
completely unreasonable/undo-able extension? It seems to me that
smartphones may eventually take over normal computers on the web but with
the inherent distinction that on a smartphone you are not always guaranteed
a data connection. I have been looking at all the mobile development
systems and very few (if any) have really dealt with offline mode (not sure
how powerful html5 is and whether you could support it for a complete
database?)

So if I uncouple my client app am I not losing all the advantages of using
django? Seems to me I will be rewriting alot of my code...