On 12/18/2012 04:27 PM, Loai Ghoraba wrote:
@ all thanks for your responses, I will try to investigate them

@Chris: you got me right :) I can use runserver, but it would be too light, or make the client install and configure apache (which is not a good idea if the client is a normal user, not a programmer).

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Chris Cogdon <ch...@cogdon.org <mailto:ch...@cogdon.org>> wrote:

    I think what Loai is asking for is a way to "wrap up" the
    python/django application, along with a light-weight webserver
    (not as light-weight as "runserver" though), so it looks like a
    stand-alone application... apart from needing to run a web browser
    to connect to it.
    eNo module named _tkinter, please install the python-tk package
    I, too, am very interested in this.

    Just doing some cursory poking around, here's some starting points:

    Python Freeze: http://wiki.python.org/moin/Freeze

    cx_Freeze: http://cx-freeze.sourceforge.net

    Py2Exe: http://wiki.python.org/moin/Py2Exe

    py2app: http://svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk/doc/index.html

    These handle turning the python program into a stand-alone
    executable. It doesn't solve the web-server issue, though. There
    are a ton of choices there (eg: gunicorn, twisted, tornado,
    web.py) but I have no opinion on which one is going to both
    "freeze" well, serve static files well, and work well with Django