Hi,

On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:06:19 PM UTC+1, Loai Ghoraba wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am very comfortable with Django, and I was wondering about whether there
> is some way to convert a Django web app into a Desktop app (may be not
> 100%), so that I can distribute it to users. May be wrapping it in a light
> web server "if there is something like this".

I've been recently going through the process of distributing Django web
application with binary dependencies (NumPy/SciPy) as an one-click
executable. I have evaluated several solutions and the most effective was
creating a single-file binary package using PyInstaller
(pyinstaller.org, development version with some modifications for proper
dependency discovery). As for the web server I went with the pure-Python
CherryPy server (cherrypy.org). See https://gist.github.com/4349257 for
sample server script.

Filip
en.ig.ma