Just to follow up on this, I wound up using py2app, although it made things
considerably more complicated. I made a Github repo during testing which
can be found here. <https://github.com/kevinlondon/django-py2app-demo> It's
incomplete as I moved from testing into using py2app on the intended
application, but it should at least provide some clues.

*Kevin London*
**Light Iron
6381 De Longpre Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90028
t: 323-472-8300
c: 858-603-9037
www.lightiron.com

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 12:30 AM, Loai Ghoraba <loai1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks a lot, I will look at them if I have time :)
>

> On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Czarek Tomczak
> <czarek.tomc...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Loai,
>>
>> Have a look at CEF Python that embeds Chrome browser:
>> https://code.google.com/p/cefpython/
>> You will need to run a web server to convert it into a desktop
>> application, have a look
>> at CefBottleDesktop <https://github.com/eristoddle/CefBottleDesktop>that
>> embeds CEF and runs a python web server along with
>> bottle.py <https://github.com/defnull/bottle> framework.
>>
>> Also have a look at Python Desktop that embeds Internet Explorer browser
>> and
>> Mongoose web server:
>> https://code.google.com/p/phpdesktop/wiki/EmbeddingOtherScriptingLanguages
>>
>> I am the author of both projects.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Czarek.
>>

>> On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:06:19 AM UTC-8, Loai Ghoraba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am very comfortable with Django, and I was wondering about whether
>>> there is some way to convert a Django web app into a Desktop app (may be
>>> not 100%), so that I can distribute it to users. May be wrapping it in a
>>> light web server "if there is something like this".
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>  --
>>

>  --

This e-mail is the property of LightIron Digital LLC. It is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from
disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information
contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.