Hi ,I want to setup  a dropbox like server with django. So far i have
achieved uploading files onto a location .I want these files to show up on
browser which they do(while saving file to the location I indexed an entry
in the Db so i just print the file names from the DB(POSTGRESQL).Now i want
to provide users options to view or download the files.I put a link on it
and tried ,it did not work since it shows an javascript error "NOT ALLOWED
TO LOAD LOCAL RECOURCE" . All uploaded files are loaded in C drive of my
laptop. Where else do i load so that javascript can load it? Attaching my
code ..thanks in advance.

Index.html

<script
src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js";></script>
<script>
function downloadFile(filename){

}
</script>
{% for i in q  %}
   <button type="button"
onclick="downloadFile("{{i.file_name}}")">Download</button>
 {% endfor %}
<form method = "post" action="../upload/" enctype ="multipart/form-data">{%
csrf_token %}
         <input type="file" name="files" multiple />
<input type = "submit" value="Upload" />
</form>

views.py

from django.shortcuts import render
from django.http import HttpResponse
from django.shortcuts import render_to_response
from polls.models import Files
from os import walk
from os.path import isfile, join
def index(request):
return render(request,"index.html", {})

def upload(request):
for x in request.FILES.getlist("files"):
def process(f):
with open(r'C:\Users\rdoshi\storage\%s ' %f.name , 'wb+') as destination:
b = Files(file_name= f.name)
b.save()
for chunk in f.chunks():
destination.write(chunk)
process(x)
q = Files.objects.all()
return render(request,  "index.html", {'q' : q})

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/b6396853-ae8f-4fef-ac91-7ab235eb22b0%40googlegroups.com.