> - Is it possible to create WML files (or for that matter any customised
> output that is not out there) easily? Especially by way of XML/XSLT.

Django is really flexible with it's template and HttpResponse system.
You can specify headers, types and serializations on the fly. Granted
these types of systems aren't as popular as JSON or other types, but I
believe that for an all encompassing framework, Django provides you
with the greatest flexibility on this aspect. Also because it is all
python, you can do anything python can do.

> - If so, are there many standard templates that can be downloaded and
> customised?

Believe it or not, no, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Templates
are written in pure html with variables punched in. So if there is an
HTML template that you like you can take that and adapt it to fit your
new Django site. Or, as I prefer, you can design your site however you
like, but I am an (x)HTML/CSS guy.

> - Is there an IDEs that can be used for development?

Django is python so all python IDEs, Komodo, Wingware, vim, emacs,
etc., work with django modules. There are plugins throughout the web
for specific django-only python (models) and for django templates for
just about any IDE. As i said before the templates are just HTML, so
any HTML IDE will work with Django templates. I, personally, am a big
fan of Textmate and VIM, both with django plugins.

> - Given my basic needs, do you think Django is good, or some other tech is
> better?

I might be a bit biased, but Django is great and very flexible. Don't
really know precisely what your needs are, and i am really not that
familiar with these really in depth cell phone file types. Out of the
box Django is really powerful and the more you learn python and the
django internals, you can really do some spectacular things really
quickly. IMHO for content management, I can't imagine a better
system.

Enjoy diving in!

Michael