Hi All,

I have a not to exciting app (modelwise) with forms all based on modelform. Im
trying to figure out how to realize form field input validation. Went through
piles of text. But I'm still missing the point (or rather place).

This works for a date field in a defined modelform sub class:
self.fields['period_start_date'].input_formats = ('%d-%m-%Y',)

Then if I set this on a charfield: "self.fields['description'].max_length = 2"
and the contents of the field is 3 chars I get an error on form.is_valid() ..
"Exception Type: KeyError, Exception Value: 'max_length'"

That is correct ... sort of (because it's not valid). I'm just going nuts on
where/how to tell Django to return the form (instance) with a field error
message. Eventually I want to put some of the field data through a regular
expression.

Elaborate google searches came up empty. And it's not like I'm inventing the
wheel here.

Thanx a lot for any pointers.

Gerard.

--