I inherited a django app and I'm trying to enable the admin interface
without much luck. When I try to access the admin interface I see this
at the end of the error log:

 OperationalError: no such table: django_session

Sure enough, it's not in my (sqlite) database. If I create a new
database from scratch that table is not being created:

$ python manage.py syncdb
Creating table tests_testinfo
Creating table dashboard_testresult
Creating table django_admin_log
Creating table django_content_type
Installing index for tests.TestInfo model
Installing index for dashboard.TestResult model
Installing index for admin.LogEntry model
$

My settings.py includes this:

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
     'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
     'django.middleware.gzip.GZipMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
#    'django.middleware.doc.XViewMiddleware',
)

INSTALLED_APPS = (
  'web.tests',
  'web.dashboard',
  'django.contrib.admin',
  'django.contrib.contenttypes',
)

Anyone have advice for what I might be doing wrong?