Thank you. That was certainly part of the problem. I also discovered I
needed to add django.contrib.auth. And oddly, a problem where I had an
admindocs (plural) directory but the admin site was looking for
admindoc (singular).

Eventually, with your help and some educated guesses I'm finally up
and running. It's been surprisingly difficult, but I'm not tuned in to
the django world so maybe these are all known issues.

Thanks again!