On Aug 7, 7:43 am, pcrutch <pcrutc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I run the dev server for my project and everything comes up fine,
> map shows properly and loads the data correctly. However, using wsgi
> the map loads and gives " Unhandled request return Internal Server
> Error" and I checked the log file and I have the " premature end of
> script headers" error. I have no clue why it won't load the data on
> the map properly.
>
> here is my sites-available file
> ----
>
>    <VirtualHost *:8080>
>         ServerName dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu
>
>         WSGIDaemonProcess dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu threads=25
>         WSGIProcessGroup dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu
>
>         WSGIScriptAlias / /home/patrick/geodj/apache/sitez.wsgi
>         <Directory /home/patrick/geodj/>
>             Order deny,allow
>             Allow from all
>         </Directory>
>
>         ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
>         LogLevel warn
>
>         CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
>     </VirtualHost>
>
> -----
> sites-enabled file
>
> <VirtualHost *:8080>
>     #Basic setup
>     ServerAdmin pcrutc...@ucla.edu
>     ServerName dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu
>     ServerAlias dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu
>
>     <Directory /home/patrick/geodj/>
>         Order deny,allow
>         Allow from all
>     </Directory>
>
>     LogLevel warn
>     ErrorLog  /home/patrick/geodj/apache_error.log
>     CustomLog /home/patrick/geodj/apache_access.log combined
>
>     WSGIDaemonProcess dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu threads=25
>     WSGIProcessGroup dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu
>
>     WSGIScriptAlias / /home/patrick/geodj/apache/sitez.wsgi
> </VirtualHost>
>
> -----
> my project .wsgi file
>
> import os, sys
> sys.path.append('/home/patrick/geodj')
> sys.path.append('/home/patrick/geodj/templates')
>
> os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'settings'
>
> import django.core.handlers.wsgi
>
> application = django.core.handlers.wsgi.WSGIHandler()
>
> What gives?

Since you have 'geodj' and going to guess you are using GeoDjango.

GeoDjango is either not thread safe, or uses a C extension module
which isn't safe to use in sub interpreters, I don't remember which.

Use:

  WSGIDaemonProcess dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu processes=4 threads=1
  WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}

That is, use single thread daemon processes and force it to run in
main interpreter.

So, change the WSGIDaemonProcess directive and add
WSGIApplicationGroup. Leave other directives as is.

Graham