On Aug 8, 5:22 pm, pcrutch <pcrutc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem still exists. I added the changes you suggested.
>
> here is my sites-available file
> ----
>
>    <VirtualHost *:8080>
>         ServerName dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu
>
>   WSGIDaemonProcess dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu processes=4 threads=1
>    WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
>    WSGIProcessGroup dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu
>
>         WSGIScriptAlias / /home/patrick/geodj/apache/sitez.wsgi
>         <Directory /home/patrick/geodj/>
>             Order deny,allow
>             Allow from all
>         </Directory>
>
>         ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
>         LogLevel warn
>
>         CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
>     </VirtualHost>
>
> -----
> sites-enabled file
>
> <VirtualHost *:8080>
>     #Basic setup
>     ServerAdmin pcrutc...@ucla.edu
>     ServerName dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu
>     ServerAlias dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu
>
>     <Directory /home/patrick/geodj/>
>         Order deny,allow
>         Allow from all
>     </Directory>

Safer to use:

     <Directory /home/patrick/geodj/apache>
         Order deny,allow
         Allow from all
     </Directory>

>     LogLevel warn
>     ErrorLog  /home/patrick/geodj/apache_error.log
>     CustomLog /home/patrick/geodj/apache_access.log combined
>
>    WSGIDaemonProcess dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu processes=4 threads=1
>    WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
>    WSGIProcessGroup dragonfly.cens.ucla.edu
>
>     WSGIScriptAlias / /home/patrick/geodj/apache/sitez.wsgi
> </VirtualHost>

Why are sites-available and sites-enabled different. If I understand
what you are talking about, one should be a file and the other a
symlink to the first file. Thus they should be exactly the same. Thus
how you are configuring your Apache isn't normal. You should fix that
up.

The configuration themselves look fine. If you had truly done a full
stop of Apache and then started it again, should pick up
configuration. If still have crashes, then try and hello world program
in place of you Django installation and make sure that your mod_wsgi
installation is running properly. See:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/QuickConfigurationGuide

If even that crashes, then likely you are using mod_python at same
time and it is causing crashes. See:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/InstallationIssues

If hello world works, but not Django, then and application is being
forced to main interpreter and single threaded, likely you have a
shared version library mismatch. This can occur with expat, MySQL and
other libraries. Have a good read through:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ApplicationIssues

Also read through:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/DebuggingTechniques

Worst case you will need to use debugger as detailed in last part of
that to debug problem.

BTW, you really also need to provide more context from log file rather
than just that single line. Show what happened before and after that
point in log file. Also check main Apache error log to see if you are
getting segmentation fault messages.

Graham