Just want to figure out if there is a smarter solution for handling
the following problem:

1. An action is performed by a user (Normal django behaviour handling
a request and giving a response).
2. Two hours later I want an automatic action to be done.

Solution A: Have a datetime field with an expiry date and say every 10
minutes a cron job checks the DB table for expired entries and
performs the programed action.

Solution B: Have an event triggered cronjob that only executes once
and is created from Django(Python), after the 2 hours passed it
performs the programmed action only on the required entry.

So how can I implement solution B? Is there a posibility to create a
cron on a user action that executes only one time?

NOTE: I don't want to rely on a thread that should stay alive for two
hours ore more inside the server memory.