On Dec 14, 12:27 pm, Tim Daniel <redarrow...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Creecode what do you mean with "custom management commands"? I just
> wrote a simple python script that can be called from bash like this
> python myscript.py, inside it I set up the enviroment to be able to
> call my models and perform actions using the simplicity of the django
> webframework.

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/custom-management-commands/

The advantage here is that the environment is already setup for you.
You do have to look at some of the django source to figure out what
needs to be done, but it is pretty self-explanatory.

BTW, I use cron to fire off custom management commands.

Regards,
BN