Thanks for answering, I think I'm going to go with 'A' too.

Guilherme I've had already looked after django-cron but don't know why
but it doesn't seem to work well, I've tried to increment a simple
counter in the database every 30 seconds and it doesn't work(using the
development server with django 1.1.1.). Also I don't see features
there to execute a job only once or to kill it.

On django-jits all their sites seem to be offline : "Page
"InstallAndConfig" Not Found", and looking at the comments on the
first and only issue/ticket it seems to be an abandoned and not
finished project. So it isn't a reliable solution.

And django-notification is not the thing I'm looking for because it
seems to be just for sending notifications to a user in the moment.

So I'm still looking for a solution with better performance and less
overhead than 'A'.

Creecode what do you mean with "custom management commands"? I just
wrote a simple python script that can be called from bash like this
python myscript.py, inside it I set up the enviroment to be able to
call my models and perform actions using the simplicity of the django
webframework. There I just check the entries on my cron-db table, and
if its time I perform the corresponding action (maybe having a type
field defining actions like sendmail or delete_account).