Maybe I misread something but I thought the purpose of ARC was to allow senders
to relay these types of messages to list groups, and allow each receiver to
independently evaluate the source in addition to the list system.

So this email is evaluated by the list server, and if my message passes it is
sent down to those subscribed to this list.

Those subscribed to this list evaluate the list email AND the origination email
that I sent as ARC would include the required information to make these
'background checks'

Since SPF will never survive, but DKIM could survive depending on settings, ARC
is another layer especially for lists.

But I could be way off on this concept too.

-Jake