I think ARC is making it clear it does not provide a chain of trust but a
custodial chain.

Assessing the trust of this custodial chain is left as an exercise to the
implementer :P

Seriously, a very simple system, is to extract all the domains in the chain
and see if any is on a blocklist (including newly observed domains).